Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with about 400 people between New York, Dublin, and a remote workforce. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for millions of people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. We’re customer advocates, and we’re on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Senior Help Content Technical Writer, you’ll create, help content with customer needs, internal feedback, and efficiency in mind. You’ll work with your manager and teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate, meet customer needs, and aligned with industry best practices. Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale up to support a multi-product platform, and there’s a lot of room for ownership and developing expertise. You’re perfect for this role if you’re a strong technical writer and editor who takes end-to-end responsibility for complex projects, incorporates high-level strategy to support our goals, and promotes innovation, thoughtful risk-taking, and inclusivity.
You’ll report to the Content Team Lead, and can be based in our New York, or Dublin offices, or remotely in the USA.
You’ll Get To..
- Write and refine help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts and steps in clear and accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform, including new products
- Build relationships with partners and SMEs in Product, Product Support, Product Marketing, and Engineering
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews, and contribute to the onboarding and development of newer writers
- Support company initiatives affecting customer success and business outcomes through help content strategy
- Help evolve the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
Who we’re Looking for..
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users with a focus in eCommerce, web publishing, payment processing, SaaS, FinTech, or a related field
- Experience developing content strategy for complex new product areas
- Drive to simplify and iterate
- Experience using metrics to guide strategic, data-driven content decisions
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
- Experience in customer support
Include in your application:
- Your resume and cover letter (required)
- A writing sample that shows your technical writing skills (required). Your writing sample should be a short guide targeted at a specific business (such as a candle shop or yoga studio). The guide should:
- Explain how to optimize keywords for that business
- Give a quick overview of what tools in our website platform they should focus on to bring traffic to their site
- Be in PDF format and no longer than 1 page.
Benefits & Perks:
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $66,000 - $119,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.