Adaptive Data Operations Specialist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- 1-3+ years experience using data analysis and/or ad-hoc scripting to solve complex problems
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms
- A strong interest in online harm mitigation--you've seen how seemingly safe features are abused by bad actors, and understand tradeoffs and risk that come with online interactions
- Previous experience with data analysis and/or scaled quality assurance
- Strong stakeholder management skills--you're adept at improving processes and know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication skills--you can efficiently and eloquently present ideas, updates and results to key stakeholders at various levels
- Own documentation and quality assurance of Discord's scaled anti-spam efforts, and flag potential deviations to relevant stakeholders
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively to create reports and suggestions that improve, optimize, and innovate our scaled anti-spam methods
- Analyze new and potential product features and propose plans to help reduce or remove spammy behavior before it happens
- Manage incoming streams of spam reports and spam-related appeals from users and communities to identify developing patterns of abuse
- Work cross-collaboratively with other teams, including Product, Safety Engineering, ML, CX in responding to complex and time-sensitive issues
- Background in data and/or user-facing support roles, such as Trust & Safety or CX
- High-level understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability distributions, relationship between variables)
- Demonstrated interest in anti-spam and/or responsible innovation initiatives
- Proficiency in various data analysis and scripting languages such as:
- Familiarity with ticketing systems. (Ex. Zendesk)
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint