A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Platform Engineer on Palantir’s Identity team, you will design, build and run identity infrastructure and tooling using DevOps practices. You will make it easier and more secure to implement identity governance and access management for Palantirians and our customers all over the world. As part of Palantir’s best-in-class Information Security organization, you will research, implement and scale innovative solutions to help Palantir stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape.
The Identity team consists of Engineers who are passionate about reducing risk, friction and eliminating toil. The team’s primary focus is the management of identity platforms for both corporate and production (customer-facing) infrastructure. As part of the team, you will build novel web services that help Palantirians stay compliant while minimizing impact on their productivity flows. Your work will directly impact and improve the resilience of critical Palantir infrastructure that enables and empowers a globally distributed workforce.
- Develop automation to lead corporate and customer-facing identity platforms
- Build, secure and lead the management geo-redundant systems and services in AWS and Azure
- Manage the implementation of Single Sign-On (SSO) integrations across multiple Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenants using infrastructure-as-code frameworks
- Build tooling to standardize and scale operational workflows in AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Research and drive the implementation of innovative authentication protocols (like passwordless auth) by collaborating with Security Engineers
- Partner with Compliance Engineers to help build novel services that reduce the cost of compliance enforcement across multiple compliance regimes (FedRAMP, IL5, IL6, etc.)
What We Value
- Expert level proficiency with a scripting language such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, or Go
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, or PowerShell DSC
- Familiarity with risk management and understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO/SOC/NIST) is a plus
What We Require
- Minimum 5 years experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps or equivalent field with a deep passion for security
- Technical proficiency in identity protocols (SAML, OIDC, LDAP, Kerberos, FIDO2, WebAuthN)
- Experience deploying and running Linux or Windows based infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible to enroll in: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Generous unlimited sick leave policy
- Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $145,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information. Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.