Manufacturing IT-Technical Support Engineer
Updated on 2/1/2023
Normal, IL, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing application support/development
- Individuals must have experience with complex automated manufacturing systems
- Active Directory administration experience
- Experience in Windows or Linux administration
- Experience with scripting languages such as powershell, ansible or other programing experience
- Understanding of IT/OT architecture with knowledge of TCP/IP. XML, SOAP, REST, XML, CIP, Tagging, OPC and other relevant protocols
- Knowledge of Docker Containers and Kubernetes
- Foundational understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with GIT Lab or other repository
- Experience with ITSM products and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, a self-starter with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Act as the primary escalation point for all IT Manufacturing IT system related concerns
- Follow Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles
- Establish Service Level objectives, Service Level Agreements
- Create and deploy proactive monitoring solutions using leading tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk and Grafana
- Eliminate toil by identifying and eliminating repetitive work through automation. (scripting, system changes etc)
- Automate everything through InfraOps and DevOps practices including automation of server builds, print functions, addon deployments or any other product on the factory floor
- Perform Active Directory administration for manufacturing systems
- Perform Windows/Linux administrative tasks on core manufacturing IT systems
- Responsible for resolving all plant IT system incidents and lead resolution or all plant critical incidents
- Work as a liaison between security, controls, networking, tooling or any other team (internal or external) when needed to restore service or deploy changes to plant floor systems
- Reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) on factory floor by creating and deploying optimized processes, training, automation and product fixes that eliminate issues, maximize uptime and improved responsiveness
- Recommend and implement design changes to configure manufacturing systems that allow for the growth of factory expansions and ramp up to ensure system reliability
- Work with plant commissioning teams to launch factory systems
- Create and deploy workflows in tools such as slack, down time tracker, Pagerduty or Servicenow to optimize incident response to critical downtime issues
- Work with 3rd party oems and suppliers to resolve incidents, patch and upgrade systems to meet business and security needs
- Create and maintain training materials for tier 1-3 teams
- Knowledge of Rockwell MES is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team