Staff Product Designer
Posted on 4/30/2022
Denver, CO, USA
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies
- Customer focused, and have empathy for our users' needs and the businesses enabled by our operations team
- Solution focused, and take pride and ownership of systems that deliver a frictionless experience for Twilio employees and customers
- Proactive collaborator and documenter, partner with other teams and stakeholders to deliver the right solutions (based on data) at the right time (well prioritized) with high quality
- Designs high-quality user interfaces, components, and patterns in a systematic, detail-oriented way
- Has 5+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX and Design
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $165,400
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
- Wear the Customer's Shoes: Engage with our Services Teams to understand the customer and user needs, design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution
- Be an Owner: Contribute to advancing the vision of the Services Teams by designing lovable solutions for our customers and users. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with stakeholders and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently
- Don't Settle: Collaborate with other stakeholders, providing constructive, and motivating feedback that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels
- High level of customer relationship and partnership experience, highly adept with communications
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in from stakeholders
- Experience with design systems and modern UI tools like Figma
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives