Supplier Quality Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Wheeling, IL, USA
- A minimum of a(n) Bachelor's degree is required; a(n) Bachelors' degree in Engineering or similar field is preferred
- 1 year of related experience is required; 3 years of related experience is preferred
- Experience of working in a Plexus manufacturing environment is preferred
- ASQ Certification preferred (CQE, CQA, CMQOE)
- Broad understanding of materials, manufacturing technologies and processes
- Strategy - Tactical execution of global Supplier Quality strategic initiatives to develop key supplier capability for strategic growth and supplier processes to enable flawless execution
- Part Qualification - Manage the execution of part qualification activities at the Site level to ensure Q-Code and inspection plan requirements are verified and documented. Ensure part qualification/verification requirements are assigned to Customer BOM at the part number level (non-full value stream projects)
- Supplier Performance Monitoring - Monitor supplier quality performance metrics, inclusive of product yield and scar response rates. Provide necessary supplier feedback to drive supplier performance improvement. Produce supplier metrics to support customer and supplier business reviews
- Material Issues - Lead problem part resolution through all phases of operations, including containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis activities relative to supplied non-conforming parts. Responsible for leading required supplier corrective action activities resulting from non-conforming parts
- Supplier Quality Management System -Tactical execution of supplier quality systems and tools, inclusive of verification of purchased product processes, NCM, SCAR, supplier performance data collection and flow-down requirements at the site level
- Conduct supplier audits to defined assessment criteria to ensure supplier capabilities meet current and future strategic growth requirements including regulatory, business and customer Quality Management System requirements and applicable process/product qualification and controls
- Responsible for leading required supplier corrective action activities resulting from non-conforming parts and supplier audits. Supports and leads supplier process development activities as required e.g. process validation capability
- Additional duties as assigned
End-to-end product realization solutions
In order to provide seamless product realization, Plexus has been partnering with companies around the world to transform their concepts into branded products and deliver them to the market with customer service like you’ve never seen in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Professional and personal development
- Plexus Global Mentor Program
- Accessible Resources
Company Core Values
- We are dedicated to our internal and external Customers and tenaciously strive to help them succeed.
- We value building relationships and working collaboratively.
- With drive and energy, we commit ourselves to successful outcomes and to be exceptional in everything we do.
- We communicate our opinions and ideas openly and transparently, value when others freely do so and engage in constructive debate.
- We maintain high ethical standards.