Desktop Support Team Lead
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in CIS or MIS
- 7+ years of hands-on desktop support experience, strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills in a technical environment, with the ability to work well with all functions across the organization
- 2+ years of desktop support management or team lead experience, with the ability to manage individual contributors and prioritize their work
- Extensive experience managing conference rooms and other types of A/V equipment
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including communicating clearly and concisely with all internal employees
- Ability to prioritize, use local resources wisely, and contribute to process improvement and automation
- Customer-centric attitude with a passion for helping others
- Supervise a four-person Desktop Support team in our San Mateo office
- Manage our A/V and conference room equipment in our San Mateo office
- Deliver an exceptional internal customer experience by providing timely, professional, effective, and knowledgeable assistance to our employee's technical needs
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve employee issues and concerns, consulting with our IT infrastructure team to find solutions to technical issues
- Assist with the management of technology assets and information security
- Assist in deploying, maintaining, and supporting all software, hardware, and operating systems on macOS, Windows, and Linux systems
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows and Linux Servers
- Research and resolve employee support tickets involving hardware, software, and malware in an efficient and timely manner
- Work with vendors in purchasing hardware and software
- Administration of Google Apps, Vonage phone system, Azure AD, and other office-wide employee-facing systems
- Effective communication with fellow employees
- Assist with the technology integration aspects of mergers and acquisitions across several business units
- Work within the IT team to plan and implement large-scale changes for long-term improvements
- Mobile device management (MDM) experience is a plus
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
Company Core Values
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.