Senior Data Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Naperville, IL, USA
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology and Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- You have productionized real-time data pipelines through EDA leveraging Kafka or a similar service
- You know what it takes to build and run resilient data pipelines in production and have experience implementing ETL/ELT to load a multi-terabyte enterprise data warehouse
- You have a strong understanding and exposure to data mesh principles in building modern data-driven products and platforms
- You have a strong background in distributed data warehousing with Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, and/or Azure Data Warehouse
- You have expert programming/scripting knowledge in building and managing ETL pipelines using SQL, Python, and Bash
- You have implemented analytics applications using multiple database technologies, such as relational, multidimensional (OLAP), key-value, document, or graph
- Lead and develop passionate data engineering teams to design and develop distributed and event-driven data pipelines with cloud-native data stores such as Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, or ADW
- Design, document, and lead development of end-to-end data product pipelines
- Consult business, product, and data science teams to understand end-user requirements or analytics needs to implement the most appropriate data platform technology and scalable data engineering practices
- Prepare data mapping, data flow, production support, and pipeline documentation for all projects
- Lead data engineering and/or operations teams in delivering completeness of source system data by performing a profiling analysis and triaging issues reported in production systems
- Facilitate fast and efficient data migrations through a deep understanding of design, mapping, implementation, management, and support of distributed data pipelines
Cloud engineering & data platforms
Egen are cloud engineering and data experts partnering with fast-scaling startups and large enterprises to launch new digital applications, modernize data infrastructures, and create conversational interfaces powered by machine learning and AI.
- Fun team outings
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Food & drinks
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- Agile - We move swiftly and decisively, can change quickly, and succeed in a rapidly changing, ambiguous, and turbulent environment.
- Masterful - We are highly skilled and proficient in whatever we do.
- Adaptable - We are innately curious and constantly keep evolving.
- Zestful - We bring energy and enthusiasm to work every day and enjoy what we do.
- Entrepreneurial - We are team players who are not afraid to take a risk, constantly bring new ideas, and never give up.