Tax, Remote Eligible
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Portland, OR, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 8+ years tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- 4+ years of people management experience required with a record of leading, directing and coaching teams
- Experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
- Proficient in Excel, Word and online tax research software
- Manage the federal, state and foreign income tax compliance processes
- Prepare and review the annual and quarterly global income tax provisions
- Monitor tax legislation, court cases and rulings that may impact Smartsheet and implement changes in the business processes
- Manage tax audits including responding to audit queries and information requests
- Help with process improvement activities related to the tax systems and compliance process
- Review monthly account reconciliations for indirect tax and income tax general ledger accounts
- Maintain documentation regarding internal tax processes including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Manage a team and support development and hiring of new team members as we grow
- Help with special projects as needed
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.