Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we’re using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
As Faire’s global footprint grows dramatically, we’re looking for a dynamic WorkForce Manager (WFM), to bring their industry expertise to plan, build, and scale a dedicated workforce management function. Our CX and operations teams use a combination of Vendor Partners and Faire employees to ensure that the Brands that supply products to our platform and the Retailers that purchase them are each supported and cared for in a way that both are successful. For WFM, this means making sure that the right people are in place at the right time, doing the work the way we expect them to.
The right candidate will build a WFM function from the ground up. They will create a WorkForce Management Operating System that is both repeatable and reproducible; owning the capacity plans that include short term and long term forecasts, agent scheduling, and Real-Time Adherence (RTA). The results of your efforts will bring together our teams that sit in multiple locations around the world and have them act as one unified network.
To achieve this, the Workforce Manager will work closely with our vendor’s, our partner management team, and our Operations leaders. Fundamental to their success will be their expertise in gathering, using, and delivering data which will drive the WFM OS.. This role will require a clear vision and understanding of what a world-class WFM team looks like and will be anxiously engaged to build it from Day 1.
What you’ll do
- Develop, deploy, and own Faire’s WorkForce Management function for our CX and back office operations teams.
- Design and build a capacity planning model including owning the Short-Term and Long-Term locked Forecasting Process
- Define and deploy an agent scheduling process to further optimize the support network
- Build an RTA system, ensuring our staffing models are adhered to along with a consistent and deliberate communication plan
- Own and drive a weekly capacity review - Optimized to quickly identify misses, determine root causes, and execute the fastest path to recovery
- Partner with tech/eng teams to develop a WFM tools roadmap to accommodate future scale and complexity.
- Serve as the go-to resource for WFM workstream, while providing regular reporting on performance through business reviews
- Work cross-functionally to identify areas of opportunity for Faire to improve its business by understanding our customers needs
- Partner with training, biz ops, and enablement to plan for new launches, updated processes and policy deployment, and communicating impacts to business owners
- Create an onboarding structure to accommodate new lines of business, new support channels, both internally and externally.
- 5-7 years of experience in Workforce Management - with demonstrated expertise in Forecasting, Scheduling, and Real-time adherence.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
- Demonstrate ability to drive operational efficiency and quality improvement initiatives
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated workforce management experience
- Expertise with business analysis and proficiency in Excel and SQL
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $153,000 - $210,000
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $137,000 - $189,000
Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)