Posted on 12/21/2022
Adobe Creative Suite
- At least four years of design experience in a newsroom or other relevant industry
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to create data visualizations
- A portfolio demonstrating animation/motion design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, etc.) and Figma
- The ability to manage your time across several workstreams
- This role will work closely with the editorial team and a dedicated engineer to enhance articles with interactive features and custom artwork - including data visualizations, motion graphics, bespoke topper imagery, etc. A few examples of the responsibilities include:
- Create mock-ups in Figma and partner with a dedicated engineer to build dynamic, interactive storytelling experiences within articles. (Coding experience is not required for this role.)
- Use photos, type, vector elements, etc. to create bespoke hero images for articles and social posts
The Athletic Media Company's mission is to produce coverage for die-hard fans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Free Subscription
- Competitive Health Care
- HSA & FSA
- Commuter Benefits
Company Core Values
- Move forward fearlessly. We are a company that is redefining the way fans get access to sports content. We've never been afraid to push the envelope and will continue to build a better experience on behalf of our team and our readers.
- Never settle. No shortcuts. We are relentless in our pursuit of the most in-depth, substantive sports coverage. Our model allows us to create and publish content on our own terms. We employ an unrivaled team of editors and writers who put in the hard work.
- Be authentic. Credibility and a unique approach to storytelling are at the core of everything we publish. Covering the best stories with integrity, our writers are encouraged to build their own brand and act as leading sources of truth.
- Build community. We are at our best when we empower all perspectives and hold each other accountable. We foster a unique community unlike any other, where sports fans and writers can come together to share ideas, display their passions, and engage in meaningful debate.