Senior Finance Systems and Data Manager
Posted on 4/16/2022
San Diego, CA, USA
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with experience in consulting or project management; financial services and technology sector experience is highly desirable
- Prior experience leading finance systems evaluation, assessment,selection and integration
- Strong understanding of key finance business processes
- Proficiency in interviewing, collecting and interpreting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with strong customer service orientation
- Strong project management skills and ability to galvanize teams around key project deliverables and goals
- Bachelor's degree in IT, systems, accounting or relevant discipline
- Working with the finance organization to define a finance systems roadmap that addresses future needs of the business and provide solutions that will scale with the Company's rapid multi-national growth
- Defining criteria and requirements and lead the evaluation, selection and implementation of new finance systems (e.g. ERP, Procurement, Treasury Management, Planning and Forecasting), working in close partnership with the finance functional leaders and teams
- Providing support to the users of our finance systems and acting as lead for company-wide finance system projects
- Partnering cross-functionally with other departments and specifically with our IT team (who manage system administration on an ongoing basis)
- Identifying, recommending and driving implementation of system improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of data, reporting and processes
- Evaluating the impact of new products, organizational and legal entity changes and ensuring that our finance systems are equipped to handle the impact of changes
- Working with the Finance, Engineering, Data, ERM and Security teams to ensure SOX, internal control and audit expectations for finance systems are met
- Maintaining existing systems and refining and updating as necessary due to changes and scaling in the business
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.