Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women’s and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility and family building through maternity, parenting, pediatrics and menopause. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better maternal health outcomes, as well as enhance DE&I in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has been recognized as Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Health Company and has grown to 15 million lives covered. Maven has raised $300 million in funding from leading investors including General Catalyst, Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Vice President, Controller, this newly created position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations, building and coaching the accounting team, partnering with cross functional leaders and building public company ready processes.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Build and coach a high-performing accounting team, including hiring, training and development.
- Manage and oversee the day to day accounting operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Manage the company’s accounting policies and procedures, including the review and approval of accounting transactions.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the finance and accounting teams and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain financial controls and policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Director of Financial Systems to develop and implement systems and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversee the external audit process, including gathering support and responding to audit inquiries.
- Build public company-ready processes and systems, including financial reporting, internal controls, and SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- 10-15 years of relevant accounting experience, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Experience building a high performing accounting team.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a public company environment.
- Experience working with NetSuite or similar ERP.
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the salary range for this role is $175,000- $225,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who’ve been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you’ll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g [email protected]). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: [email protected]. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at [email protected].