6 month growth↑ 30%
1 year growth↑ 77%
2 year growth↑ 141%
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline from a top tier institution
- 2+ years of experience as a developer with experience in developing data pipelines
- Programming experience in Python on Linux/Unix platforms
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Experience with technologies related to data engineering such as Spark, Pandas, etc
- Experience with effective code version control, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Work on complex data pipelines and software systems
- Collaborate with teams within WorldQuant as a hands-on engineer
- Possess in-depth knowledge of data design patterns, software architecture and design principles
- Implement common technologies used in data engineering
- Experience in finance
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline from a top tier institution.
- 2+ years of experience as a developer with experience in developing data pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python on Linux/Unix platforms; familiarity with scripting languages.
- Familiarity with technologies related to data engineering such as Spark, Pandas, etc.
- Experience with effective code version control, as well as Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale.
- Experience in finance is a plus but not required
Copyright © 2024 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.