Every developer has a tab open on Stack Overflow.
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
We are seeking a talented Account Executive to drive and own opportunity development and revenue generation across key Enterprise (1500-7500 employees) in the United States.
Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You are motivated, driven by challenge and personal achievement. You have a presence that is fired up with enthusiasm and passion for what you do. It’s how you move, it’s how you approach another person, it’s your handshake, and you stand and face the person. Your energy can make or break the sales call. You understand how to create demand, compelling the customer to consider a solution that may never have been under consideration. You effectively adapt to situations and overcome objections, build rapport, stay calm under pressure, and empathize with the customer.
What You’ll Do:
- Prospect, qualify and develop a robust sales pipeline.
- Utilize strong hunting mentality to win net new Enterprise Accounts.
- Drive revenue by prospecting and building pipeline while building strong personal relationships with potential clients.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- Become known as a thought leader on our Teams product.
- Contribute to our sales playbooks and our product roadmap.
What we expect from you:
- 1-3+ years SaaS sales experience with a successful track record supporting Enterprise clients (1500-7500 employees).
- A consultative, relationship-driven sales philosophy and an innate desire to help clients.
- Demonstrated long-term success and upward mobility in previous roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal) with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally (including C-level).
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High-energy levels paired with curiosity, an agile mindset, and a strong desire to learn business in a dynamic company.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
- High attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up.
- The ideal candidate resides in San Francisco and surrounding communities
Base salary will range from: $96 - $144k USD + Commission #LI-Remote #LI-SG1
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- One-time allowance to assist with your home office setup
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.