Sr. Technical Program Manager
Posted on 3/31/2023
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Experience managing software development projects using the Scrum agile methodology - Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) credentials are a plus
- Experience managing cross-functional technical teams to deliver complex projects
- Strong written communication
- Technical depth with experience in understanding technical designs, challenges and risks
- Strong analytical skillset
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make well-reasoned decisions with imperfect data
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment
- Be a bridge and a connector for the company
- Create predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts. Improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess process
- Define product requirements for engineering teams. Negotiates resources and priorities. Escalates effectively. Is able to find a path forward in difficult situations
- Be intuitive, attentive, driven, organized, insightful and productive
- Work collaboratively to allow engineers to be better, faster and more informed
- Address communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the SimpliSafe organization along with external partners (JDM, 3rd party contractors, etc.)
- Build trust across the organization
- Be passionate, but act with empathy and integrity
- Establish standard reports & dashboards to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on project status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Minimum five years experience in the product development field - consumer electronics
- Experience with other software development life cycles is a plus
Home security company
Simplisafe wants to make home security accessible to everyone
- Health Insurance - A comprehensive plan provides peace of mind for you and your family.
- Employee assistance program - Help through the difficult situations that come up at work and at home.
- Tuition reimbursement - We want you to keep learning, so we’ll cover part of your tuition.
- 401(k) - Saving for your future in the present.
- Unlimited vacation - Exempt employees take the time when you need it or want it. We mean it.
- Life and disability insurance - Coverage for when you need it most.
Company Core Values
- Customer obsessed
- Aim High
- No Ego
- One Team
- Life As We Climb
- Lean & Nimble