Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Oakland, CA, USA
- Passionate about coffee, your work, your team
- A perceptive multi-tasker, working with a sense of urgency and purpose to accomplish tasks efficiently and well
- A collaborator at your core, you are a team player and flexible to changes as production demands shift
- A curious troubleshooter, always looking to find a better solution
- Empathetic and hospitable, always eager to listen, understand, learn and field questions for your team and partners
- A deep love and respect for delicious coffee, food and exceptional guest experiences
- Working knowledge of basic hardware and tools
- Experience working in fast paced environment (ideally in production)
- Basic math and writing skills
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we've mapped out below
- You have:
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- Learn the craft of coffee brewing through observation, instruction and committed study
- Assist our production brewers in all brewing aspects: set-up, filtration and packaging. This includes weighing, grinding and mashing coffee in batches; pulling brew samples and quality control; supporting our canning runs and more
- Manage extensive and scrupulous notes detailing accurate batch history and coffee metrics using Google Sheets or other available online record keeping tools
- Maintain our plumbing and brewing equipment, ensuring it's in top form for all brewing needs, using and handling cleaning chemicals with the use of Personal Protection Equipment
- Operate heavy machinery including electric power jacks and keg washers
- Participate in QC tastings and cuppings to develop and strengthen your palate
- Work production shifts regularly so that you engage in each step of the process and understand brewing procedures holistically
- Keep all work areas clean, organized, functional for you and your team
- Follow and support all Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices rules and regulations
Coffee roaster and retailer platform.
At Blue Bottle, their mission is to connect the world to delicious coffee.
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Welcome everyone - People come first. Without hospitality, we cannot exist. We create spaces where people belong. Everyone has a place at the table: Guests, team members, and suppliers.
- Raise the bar - From seed to cup, we set the standard in everything we do—and drive constantly to do it better. We are self-starters who think creatively to solve complex problems, recognize our mistakes, and learn from failures.
- Build for Tomorrow - We think long-term. We’re savvy with our resources, saving where we can to invest in what matters: A sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet.
- Simplify - Just as our cafes eliminate barriers between guests and delicious coffee, we remove obstacles in our work. We stay nimble, communicate clearly, and show a bias towards action.
- Grow Together - Like coffee needs water, we need one another to bloom. Collaboration takes work, so we practice it like a craft. We listen carefully, share feedback openly and honestly, remain transparent, and inspire each other with kindness and humor.