VP – Global Customer Support & Operations
Posted on 12/1/2022
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent discipline; MBA preferred
- 12+ years experience working with enterprise support operations; SaaS experience preferred
- 12+ years experience driving global team, process and system roll-outs resulting in adoption across consumer, Commercial and Enterprise segments - experience creating revenue lift through new and existing offerings preferred
- 10+ years experience as a people manager; successful leadership track record that includes leading and scaling globally dispersed customer-facing teams- experience at high-growth companies or scaling revenue is preferred
- 10+ years of successfully leading Support within the landscape of Services and Success team counterparts
- Experience running Support businesses with Salesforce Service Cloud highly desirable, as are Gainsight, FiveNine, UnBabel, Coveo, Einstein, and Kebana
- Experience leading Support for PaaS, and Dev Platforms highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong relationships and culture
- Experience collaborating across the organization at all levels and functions across a company
- Experience contracting and managing 3rd party outsourcing relationships
- Lead the development of the next-generation Support Experiences including continuing the roll out of our Community, Customer Portal, ChatBot(s), Telephony, and Scheduling platforms
- Mature our 3-tier support model to improve efficiencies and resolution times through skills based case routing and ownership
- Continue to evolve our high growth and high retention Technical Account Manager program, teaming with Professional Services peers to drive co-delivery in some cases
- Define a “premium support” offering and service for our enterprise clients
- Team with our HyperCare Program on turning red accounts back to green
- Manage our platform abuse, fraud and security incident teams within the escalations program
- Team with Product and Engineer on strong product documentation across mediums such as web, video, and social
- Drive “in app” support motions for real-time, in-context case deflection or creation teaming with our Product and Engineering teams
- Drive weekly product teaming on emerging issues to improve our product service, share voice of customer, and reduce case rates over time
- Recruit and inspire a team of Support professionals as we explore multi-language expansion, and new market penetration., with particular focus on Asia
- Provide coaching and guidance to help the support organization excel and build a work environment that draws people to the team
- Refine, influence, and enable a comprehensive labor strategy for Smartsheet.gov clients, our EMEA region instance clients, and future additional regional expansion
- Develop and implement innovative community and self service offerings to improve the quality and value of our support experience, and empower customer self-service and incident deflection to improve scale
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers / marketplace to propose additional support offerings for Application developers, Business Users, and SI/ISV partners to advance adoption and increase the value of the Smartsheet work platform through premium support offerings
- Quickly shift from high-level strategy development of our B2B enterprise support experience to the tactical details of user centric support for our trailers, personal plans, and SMB buyers to ensure all elements of the support experience are properly prioritized by segment, geography, product, and Life-time value
- Work collaboratively with Brand Marketing and Demand Generation teams to create new thought leadership in the areas of our user led growth and adoption for easy self upgrades, feature discovery, and value attainment
- Drive scale and timely delivery of our ProDesk offering where customers schedule time to learn about specific product areas with Support Experts
- Maintain Support ARR as a percent of revenue, and drive high support renewal rates as part of our growth
- Partner internally to identify financial targets, provide ongoing performance forecasting, and to ultimately deliver against our net retention, TAM revenue, and operating budget targets
- Develop and present materials for leadership, customers, and other audiences
- Drive a feedback loop and insights on prioritization to the Product and Development teams to represent the voice of the customer and the needs of the customer-facing teams as an extended leadership team member for our Chief Product Officer
- Leverage a healthy balance of leadership, technical, support, and people management skills in a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- Scale and lead a sustainable, high-performance, motivated team across a global landscape that believes in and deliver outcomes to delight our customers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.