Principal Software Engineer
Posted on 10/26/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Lead the design and development of new reusable architecture components and major functional upgrades for the most advanced capabilities of the Coupa Application Platform
- Document the solutions leveraging existing standards and create new templates where required; present them to project specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skills are imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed
- Work with peers to sponsor the design and architectural changes with a goal of delivering value to customers at every phase of development and implementation of that design
- Work alongside Development and Product Managers to review and/or create the feature designs for the major/minor releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenance releases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer facing issues
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers, designers and developers
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support and Operations, to ensure success of overall software development, implementation and deployment
- A Principal Engineer/Architect is a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement and support products and product components on a predictable schedule
- Capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity
- Experienced in designing application-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems
- Sound functional knowledge of enterprise application architecture in Spend Management domain including Procurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Based in California: $201,500-$234,000
Business spend management
Coupa wants to transform the way that businesses manage their spend.
- Insurance Package
- Family Support
- Legal Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Employee Assistance
Company Core Values
- ENSURE CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
- FOCUS ON RESULTS: Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
- STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE: Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion and accountability.