We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We’re tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we’re redefining what’s possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Staff IT Systems Administrator at Sila, you’ll collaborate across the organization to design and implement scalable Sila IT systems and ensure Silazens have access to the newest technologies to support continuous innovation in R&D and Manufacturing. You’re a key contributor that configures critical infrastructure components, leads IT initiatives, focused on software, end-user systems and enterprise servers. You drive IT maintenance activities, establish disaster recovery plans, respond to event escalations. As a senior member of the IT organization, you help develop talent by mentoring junior administrators and help desk personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to the design and implementation of enterprise IT systems
- Configure critical infrastructure components
- Design and maintain disaster recovery plans, administer backups, and practice recovery
- Develop and implement maintenance plans for IT systems
- Collaborate with customers across the enterprise to establish IT best practices
- Propose and drive IT process improvements
- Lead technical planning and implementation of multiple IT Projects
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support for help-desk tickets
- Participate in an On-Call rotation for critical IT Systems
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- Working with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- SaaS Application integration experience (SSO, Reporting / Logging)
- Troubleshooting networking software, hardware (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet), and enterprise wireless networks.
- Deploying and administering VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, managing Active Directory environments.
- Experience Implementing SSO (SAML, OAuth) and IT security platforms.
- In depth experience working in hybrid computing environments (MacOS, Windows / Active Directory, and Linux)
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Solutions
- Experience with administration of MDM technologies (ie. Google MDM, JAMF, ManageEngine).
- Experience Deploying and Supporting Collaboration Technologies and systems (VC Systems, Event Technology, Training Technologies).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time #LI-FM1 #LI-Hybrid
The starting base pay for this role is between $132,500 and $167,750 at the time of posting. The actual base pay within these ranges depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.