Posted on 10/19/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics or physics
- Experience working with ASIC, FPGA, RF/RFIC, or SOC
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Analog or digital CMOS integrated circuit design and/or physical design
- SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL or C/C++
- Using scripting languages, e.g. Python for automation
- Object-oriented programming
- Using simulation tools such as ADS, Spectre, HFSS or Momentum
- RTL design, chip bring-up, verification, and/or post-silicon validation experience
- Digital signal processing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- ASIC/FPGA Design & Verification
- Participate in all phases of ASIC/FPGA design and verification flows
- Contribute towards design architecture, RTL implementation and/or verification, and emulation
- Bring-up and validate ASICs and FPGAs in the lab (write embedded software using C/C++ and/or Python)
- Hands-on self-starter who can execute the steps required to fully verify a complex digital design
- RF/Analog IC Design
- Simulate and model RFIC systems at high level and work with system architects, modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions between hardware and software domains
- Derive specifications for the RFIC subsystems and circuits
- Develop RF/microwave circuits in state of the art SiGe or CMOS processes
- Perform IC floor planning and layout
- Digital Signal Processing
- Develop RTL designs using SystemVerilog, with emphasis on DSP and digital communication system blocks (frontend, physical layer, link layer, error correction, etc.)
- Verify DSP blocks against fixed-point MATLAB model, work in collaboration with systems engineers
- Physical Design
- Perform partition synthesis and physical implementation steps (e.g. synthesis, floor planning, power/ground grid generation, place and route, timing, noise, physical verification, electromigration, voltage drop, logic equivalency and other signoff checks)
- Develop/improve physical design methodologies and automation scripts for various implementation steps
- Participate in silicon tapeouts in advanced technology nodes for future Starlink SOCs
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.