This is Developer Experience at Lattice
The Developer Experience (DX) team is responsible for empowering all of Lattice’s engineers to be productive and happy. We act as a force multiplier by blending the disciplines of engineering, DevOps, and infrastructure to build tools, services, and automation that empower Lattice engineers to move uncomfortably fast. Our product engineers iterate rapidly and deploy new code several times each day. We ensure that they can develop, test and deploy high-quality code safely, at scale, and with confidence, so they can focus on building a product our customers love.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an engineer who finds clever solutions to engineering productivity obstacles, values craftsmanship and quality, and has deep empathy for other developers. As a member of our team, you will work with fellow engineers to define, instrument, and interpret key productivity metrics. You will have the liberty to create, extend, or find tools that uniquely address changing engineering needs as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
- You will empower engineering teams to do their most excellent work by building tools, services, and automation to improve processes and code.
- You will work with other engineers to build and own tooling across a modern tech stack. Our current product stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, gRPC, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure (Amazon EKS), GitHub Actions/CircleCI for CI, and ArgoCD for CD.
- You will creatively address day-to-day developer inefficiencies using the most effective methods available by advancing the frontiers with new tools and technologies and using a data-driven approach to achieve desired results, improving all facets of the development process.
- You will engage with Lattice’s engineering community to build relationships, identify potential areas of improvement and help drive the adoption of our team’s offerings.
- You will collaborate with engineers across Lattice to identify pain points in the engineering process and define, instrument, assess, communicate, and monitor engineering velocity and system health metrics.
- You will evangelize and automate exemplary practices for coding, build systems, tests, CI/CD pipelines, and release processes.
What You Will Bring to the Table
You have professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications with an affection for shipping high-quality software with fellow engineers as your customers.
- You care deeply about the quality of the software/systems you build and always look to improve your craft. At the same time, you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- You drive the adoption of ideal recommendations in code health, testing, and maintainability within your team and across the organization.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
- You are maddened by inefficiency and averse to toil. The thought of taking a frustrating process and making it elegant sounds appealing. You have a bias towards automation and a desire to make your fellow engineers more productive.
- You built, shipped, monitored, and supported tooling, automation, and/or services with other engineers as your customers.
- You value an inclusive culture and are keen on sharing knowledge with your peers.
- You are a team player and get inspired by helping other engineers succeed. When things break, you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You set up and administered common 3rd party and open-source development tools and/or have experience with configuration management systems, infrastructure as code, secrets management, and application error tracking and monitoring.
We work on a wide range of tech. Prior experience with any of these tools is a bonus but not a must! This includes…
- shared tooling for linting (ESLint)
- formatting (Prettier)
- type checking (TypeScript)
- automation and services for continuous integration (GitHub Actions/CircleCI)
- package management (pnpm)
- build systems (esbuild, bun, SWC)
- database migrations (Sqitch)
- code quality (Danger JS)
- local development setup (Nix, Docker, Bash, make)
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $140,805 - $175,298. This position is also eligible for incentive stock options, subject to the terms of Lattice’s applicable plans
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance; Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance; Emergency Weather Support; Wellness Apps; Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time off inclusive of holidays and sick time; Commuter & Parking Accounts; Lunches in the Office; Workplace Amenities Stipend, Internet and Phone Stipend; One time WFH Office Set-Up Stipend; 401(k) retirement plan; Financial Planning; Learning & Development Budget; Sabbatical Program; and Invest in Your People Fund
*Note on Pay Transparency:
Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate skills and qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience.
Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Lattice reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive 💪. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies. Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 4,600+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
What else does Lattice have to offer? We’re so glad you asked! We invest in our people’s personal and professional growth because that sort of growth begets business impact and personal fulfillment 🤗. We believe in the value of continued learning investments 🤓and reimbursements. We offer a competitive salary (including equity💸) and our benefits are thoughtful. We believe that taking the time for you is important and have a flexible vacation/time-off policy to prove it. We even incorporated Lattice “Recharge Days” 🔋to ensure you’re getting a break every month. Lattice has also implemented a 💻 remote-first hybrid model (team-dependent, you work from wherever makes you most comfortable). If that gets you excited, now is the perfect time to join; so bring your appetite for ownership and creation and help Lattice continue to grow! 🎉
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.