About G2 - The Company
G2 is where you go for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK values—high performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate each other’s successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top, while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.
As we foster our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
We support our employees by offering benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and generous PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
G2 is excited to offer a hybrid work environment for our employees, unless otherwise stated in the job description. 2 days per week in office are expected.
About The Role
Our Solutions Consultant team got its start from top talent in our customer implementation team being brought into sales calls to discuss how to operationalize G2 data and integrations for prospects and customers. This became a recurring motion and we created the SC role to formalize it and pair SCs with our sales segments. SCs have gone on to learn how the market uses our data and our integrations and use this expertise not only to help G2 sell, but also to provide feedback to product on how to improve our offerings and create new ones.
As we’ve continued adding talent to the team, our SCs have grown their skills in data analysis and storytelling. Customers have begun to send us opportunity data for SCs to match against G2 Buyer Intent data in order to build audience and ROI analysis. This motion has become so critical for sales that the team is now working with product to build it into our offerings and scale for the entire company.
As G2 continues to grow, we are looking to hire our next Solutions Consultant. We want to find someone who knows marketing, tech, and integrations. This person should also have something new to bring to the team, as each SC has historically.
- Use deep technical and process expertise to answer questions and advise on best practices, especially to customer technical/operational contacts.
- Strategically support account owners on renewal and expansion opportunities, as well as new logo/prospect support.
- Join calls with customers to better understand their marketing and sales operations, stack, and data sets
- Conduct and present detailed analysis of customer/prospect buyer intent, traffic, and review data
- Foster strong partnerships with customers, stakeholders, and sponsors within complex organizational structures
- Identify barriers to customer success, define resolutions, and manage action plans with internal resources
- 2+ years of combined experience in the industry (Marketing/Sales Technology, Sales Engineering, Implementation, Support, Product Management, etc.)
- Data Fluency- ability to identify trends and patterns within data and communicate data-informed impact to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Coding skills in SQL -- primarily Postgresql strongly preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, specifically Index Match and logic functions
- Superb customer-facing communication skills with the ability to format visuals and slides for a professional audience
- Thorough understanding of data integrations and basics of RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Digital Marketing tools and/or Sales engagement tools
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot Certifications
- Scripting language (Python, Shell, Ruby, etc.)
- Someone who has worked in a regional role with global stakeholder management
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.