Confluent – 2023 Ksqldb Software Engineering Intern
Posted on 9/13/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- We are passionate about helping our graduates kick start their careers through our Development Program. Our graduate training program is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. As a member of the team you will:
- Hone your technical toolkit and soft skills
- Learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work Develop business, personal and technical skills to use throughout your career
- Be part of an organization who enables development teams to improve Confluent Quality
- Contribute features to the ksqlDB code base under the guidance of a full time engineer
- Develop an understanding of stream processing, distributed systems and database internals
- Work inside a scrum framework alongside other experienced developers
- See what it's like to operate a large-scale, high-growth SaaS product
- A major in Computer Science or relating field
- Maintains strong fundamentals in computer science (data structures, algorithms, etc.)General understanding of cloud services architecture and API practices
- Someone who has excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's and company's interests firstYou work to a high standard and have a healthy appetite to learn from the team and autonomously Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, team oriented & innovative software startup environment
- You display an excitement and passion for your work
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team