Senior Enterprise Technical Account Manager
Posted on 2/1/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience with 2+ years of experience working as a Senior Technical Account Manager supporting Enterprise solutions
- Deep knowledge of the logistics of SaaS application development, distributed systems, and release/version management
- You have outstanding technical aptitude and acumen. You can quickly learn the ins and outs of our e-commerce platform to optimize retailer performance
- You excel at learning new software quickly and often have an intuitive knowledge about how product features work
- You have practical hands on experience and working knowledge of SQL and APIs (HTTP REST)
- Working knowledge of the Linux command line and Git
- You have incident management experience for critical issues impacting a production environment
- You have initiated and driven significant process improvements in the past, leading to better customer outcomes
- You are independent and thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment. You have a strong bias for action and the ability to juggle multiple priorities. You can create a sense of urgency for day-to-day priorities requiring immediate attention
- You approach troubleshooting strategically and critically always looking to challenge the status quo and offer up viable solutions/options
- You possess the ability to quickly understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences through your developed skill set of interfacing with external stakeholders
- You have a data-driven decision making mentality that will allow you to draw insights and tell a compelling story to improve customer performance and relationships
- You have a detail oriented mindset with the ability to thrive in fast moving, ambiguous environments
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You will develop “best practice solutions” and create guides (run/playbooks) for internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of or the ability to read and understand software written in Python or Ruby is considered an asset
- You are familiar with DevOps and CI/CD - experience in working with Jenkins, Spinnaker, AirFlow, and Terraform would be considered an asset
- You have familiarity with Public Cloud providers such as AWS and GCP and other cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Technical Support and Relationship Management
- Improve Customer Performance - Advocate On Behalf Of The Customer
- Collaborative Execution
- You will own the overall success of partner technical deployments (releases, version upgrades, bug fixes, new features/enhancements) and support strategy
- Additionally, you will be part of a group responsible for being the technical point of contact for diagnosing, investigating, and triaging platform functionality and 3rd party integrations
- Optimize your portfolio of accounts by consistently reviewing your customer's technical performance and overall platform health - including error rates, data feed optimization, up-time, etc., understanding the opportunities and then tweaking variables and configurations for improvements
- You will investigate data anomalies (i.e. order creation, cancellations, payments, logins, etc.) and answer support questions from both internal and external parties
- As a member of the Technical Delivery team, you will regularly engage with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Internally, you will be collaborating with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams, but also engaging with Engineers and Product Managers on a day-to-day basis in our Toronto office
- Lead status calls with retailer(s) to drive discussion and resolution on outstanding support issues ranging in severity, complexity, and environment (Production & Non-Production)
- Work with retailers and cross functional teams to properly plan, mitigate and execute production changes
- Triage and drive resolution on incoming retailer support tickets via Jira Service Desk while managing preset business priorities and adhering to SLAs. Own the follow-up on action items and leverage all issues and incidents as opportunities to identify improvement areas and to grow and mature our processes and teams
- Keep up to date on Instacart's products/platform, i.e. new product features, restrictions and limitations, best practices as well as technical details. You will be the customer's first and main point of contact for all product related issues and questions
- Meticulously document new ideas, lessons learned, and customer-specific knowledge (integrations, customizations, configurations) in our internal knowledge base. Document customer specific technical support processes and runbooks to ensure team productivity and efficient communication
- Work with business, engineering and product teams to execute on customer priorities and ensure you're also supporting broader Instacart goals and objectives
- You will be working alongside the following teams: Business Development, Technical Project Management, and Solutions Delivery. The TAM role reports into the Instacart Engineering Organization and is a fundamental component of account management under the Technical Delivery team
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
Company Core Values
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active [email protected] community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.