Cyber Fusion and Threats Analyst
Posted on 11/2/2022
Tampa, FL, USA
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of professional experience; related DISA experience and cyber courses/certification is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or higher) at start date and be able to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical and strategic level cyber matters to a variety of audiences
- Highly developed research and analytical skills to pinpoint statistically significant patterns related to cyber threats
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN
- Conduct network forensics for malicious network activity
- Synthesize, summarize, consolidate and share potentially malicious activities on the DoDIN with DISA and mission partner organizations by creating incident reports, wiki updates, collaboration/chat tippers and notifications, DoD incident handling database queries, metrics, and trend reports
- Assist in providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services and recommendations
- Create and modify signatures and custom alerting logic based on adversary activity, vulnerabilities, and internal analysis
- Implement active mitigations to prevent and/or contain nefarious activity
- Knowledgeable in Cloud security/defense
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks
- Working knowledge of cyber operational security, log analysis, netflow analysis, incident response, malware analysis, computer forensics, and/or cyber-crime
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Wireshark and Splunk analysis tools
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) methodology; knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and other cyber threat modeling frame works
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Intelligence Community, SLTT governments, and/or fusion centers
- Train and mentor other team members
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.