Drata is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. At Drata, Cloud Engineering is a role that is highly skilled in both areas of Cloud Infrastructure Management and System Engineering. An ideal candidate is self-motivated, eager to learn, grow, own their work, and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. One of Drata’s core value propositions is automation, and that is on display throughout the platform that this role enables.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS across multiple accounts with everything defined in Terraform. You will help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop products and tools that delight our users. You’ll play a critical role in our fast-growing company while working alongside engineers with diverse skill sets, following best-practices in technology, architecture, and process.
What you’ll do:
- Create, deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS cloud-based systems
- Maintain Infrastructure as a code using Terraform
- Designing new, and modifying existing, services to be highly available, scalable, correct and efficient
- Enforce architectural governance, architectural standards and infrastructure best practices
- Contribute to overall system design in a highly collaborative environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation and incident management to resolve active incidents
- Create and debate multiple solutions to a variety of problems with a diverse engineering team
- Partner with and provide guidance to the rest of the Infrastructure team to ensure smooth and continuous delivery of Drata services to customers
- Create and keep up-to date clean and comprehensive technical documentation
- Mentor and train junior members of the Infrastructure Team
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering, building and maintaining scalable, resilient services
- Proficiency in AWS, including experience with large-scale, high volume systems
- Robust knowledge of cloud computing technologies like Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Git and Linux
- Experience in maintaining and scaling infrastructure throughout the lifecycle of development, test and deployment to dev, qa, and production environments
- Experience with developing tooling and automation in Bash and Python
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation using Jenkins
- Experience with disaster recovery practices and incident management
- Good understanding of observability concepts (monitoring, logging, tracing, metrics)
- Ability to take ownership of problems and act on them independently in a constantly evolving environment
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $144,500 - $178,500
Tier 2: $130,050 - $160,650
Tier 3: $115,600 - $142,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company’s security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We’ve felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.