Staff Customer Success Manager
Posted on 12/1/2022
Remote • United States
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 10-14 years experience in customer success management, software adoption management, technical account management, professional services consulting, or customer facing program management
- Experience helping customers with software development practices, devops, CI/CD, or open source development practices
- Candidate must sit in Eastern Standard Time zone
- Experience using customer success and CRM, analytics, and case management solutions
- Passion for continually improving the customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and a strong executive presence
- Experience coaching and enabling other team members
- Experience building and implementing process and playbooks
- Ability to travel approximately 25% when it is safe to do so
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in the software development domain
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps, DevSecOps deployments or CI/CD tools
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Preferred: Experience working in the software development application software security or CI/CD domains
- Preferred: Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains
- Driving Adoption: Many of our customers begin with a set of strategic projects that grow into sizable partnerships. Working with GitHub Sales Professionals and their paired CSA, the CSM will:
- Develop strategies to expand engagement and enable adoption
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders & decision makers
- Build initiatives with customers to expand product awareness and identify new opportunities for growth
- Distill best practices across client base and deliver insights and advice based on those practices
- Support the expansion and renewal opportunities
- Program Management: Customers typically have complex challenges that require focused management of programs that involve customer and GitHub team members working in partnership together. Working cross-functionally with Professional Services, Support, Product and Engineering, Sales and Solution Engineering the CSM will:
- Conduct regular customer “health check” meetings
- Identify and manage risks or issues for customer initiatives
- Act as the coordinator of internal GitHub resources for customer initiatives
- Conduct regular business reviews to provide customer and GitHub stakeholders with status, insights and strategic planning
- Voice of the Customer: CSMs will be expected to champion the voice of the customer internally at GitHub. In addition to providing an authoritative view of customer health, working closely with Product and Engineering, Marketing, Support and Sales, the CSM will:
- Track customer health metrics
- Support executive alignment and engagement with customers
- Connect customer feedback to Product & Marketing
- Develop customer superfans to help evangelize within customer organizations and externally with other GitHub customers
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.