About the Position
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team and drive the development and deployment of cutting-edge AI solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, test, and maintain AI applications that power innovative products across FiscalNote. You will work on diverse projects spanning the entire tech stack, from infrastructure and back-end data management to UX and data delivery. You will have the chance to explore new technologies to ensure that we can offer state-of-the-art quality in a constantly evolving industry. Reporting to the Director of AI Development, you will play a crucial role in supporting the company’s growth and success.
About the FiscalNote AI Team
The FiscalNote AI team is tasked with maintaining and developing new and existing AI tools, with the goal of making them as ubiquitous as air and as simple as a pencil. We are data scientists, engineers, product managers, and analysts who share a passion for delivering practical and reliable AI systems. We’re all about ideas that get beyond the lab. We drive the future through new products that delight, and efficiency gains measured by evolutionary and revolutionary leaps. We leave our internal and external customers amazed and speechless. Then we grab lunch.
You are an autodidact and have a passion for learning and continuously improving your skills. You aren’t afraid to dive into unknown challenges, get started quickly, and then share what you’ve learned.
You are a strong communicator. You have experience working collaboratively on distributed teams. You. habitually produce documentation to make it easy for others to understand your work. You aim to be clear and concise. You are efficient and highly organized. You believe in the importance of project management processes for effective team execution. You aim to automate anything you’ll do more than twice. You act like an owner. You have a sense of responsibility to ensure the success of your projects. You are proactive about addressing ambiguity and roadblocks.
What To Expect In This Position:
- You will develop and maintain AI-powered applications using Python and other programming languages as needed. You will work across the stack.
- You will work cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists, PMs, and analysts to build, test, and deploy solutions.
- You will write high-quality, well-documented, and reusable code.
- You will help select and monitor metrics to measure application performance, reliability, and impact.
- You will collaborate with other teams to ensure the smooth integration of AI applications into our products.
- You will focus on efficiency and be pragmatic about how to solve business needs.
- You will stay up-to-date with the latest AI technologies and methodologies and share knowledge with the team.
What Sets You Apart:
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong experience in the Python ecosystem is essential
- Strong experience with Linux and CLIs
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Java programming language
- Experience with Docker. Experience with K8S is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with MLOps (Machine Learning Operations) is a plus
- Familiarity with React and TypeScript is a plus
- Familiarity with C++ is a plus
- Experience with knowledge graphs and their applications is a plus
Excited about this role, but don’t meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We’d still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact [email protected], we’d be happy to connect! As part of FiscalNote’s commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com
and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.