Technical Program Manager
Posted on 11/19/2021
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's and company's interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment and get shit done!
- Experience driving complex and massive projects across the organizations
- Experience in areas such as release management, cost modeling, capacity planning a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Strong technical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Work with stakeholders to drive cross cutting and/or critical initiatives for the company
- Ensure that we are able to deliver projects on time
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks/challenges affecting projects
- Train and help other leaders to become better in program management
- Make technical decisions to keep projects running on time
- Explain technical architecture, decisions and tradeoffs to both engineering and other functions
- Work with Engineering, Product and Security leadership to streamline and drive our projects on a predictable schedule
- Run cross-functional meetings and drive decision making around schedule adjustments, bug triage and internal and external partner/customer delivery
- Experience in actual design and development of software projects is a plus
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team