San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 14%
1 year growth↑ 64%
2 year growth↑ 302%
- Strong communicator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive, creative problem solver with a self-starter attitude
- Agile and open to frequent change, iterative processes, and operating in a 'test & learn' culture
- Proven team player with a collaborative approach
- Willingness to learn about the mental health industry
- Manage and maintain key operational processes for Care Navigation
- Partner with Care Navigation and Ops leadership to develop and maintain workforce planning models
- Conduct regular audits of client charts and provider schedules to verify accuracy and streamline the scheduling process
- Facilitate communication and coordination with other teams to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Systematic prioritization of patient and provider needs based on urgency and severity
- Develop a deep understanding of tools and workflows to build a solid knowledge base essential for this role
- Exhibit flexibility in handling continuously evolving tasks and adapting to changes in a dynamic work environment
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity for Care Navigators, clients, and providers
- Preferred 2+ years of administrative experience in Healthcare, preferably in mental health
About the Company:
Octave is a modern behavioral health practice creating a new standard for care delivery that’s both high-quality and accessible to more people. With in-person and virtual clinics in California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington D.C., the company offers personalized care plans that can include individual, couples, and family therapy, while pioneering relationships with payers to make care more affordable through insurance. By raising the bar on how care is delivered and how providers are supported, we are building a sustainable system that values equity, affordability, and effectiveness.
About the Role:
As a Care Operations Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in our dynamic, fast-paced Care Navigation team. Your efforts will directly contribute to our mission of expanding healthcare access by providing essential support to Care Navigators in their daily operations. Care Navigators are responsible for introducing clients to our innovative practice, welcoming new clients to Octave, and guiding them through the mental health landscape. In this role, you will report to the Care Navigation Manager and collaborate closely with Care Navigators to streamline operations and enhance client experience.
- Operational Support:Manage and maintain key operational processes for Care Navigation, including updating and ensuring accuracy across systems and databases.
- Workforce planning: Partner with Care Navigation and Ops leadership to develop and maintain workforce planning models, ensuring alignment with company’s forecasts.
- Quality Assurance:Conduct regular audits of client charts and provider schedules to verify accuracy and streamline the scheduling process, ensuring a smooth transition for new clients into care.
- Cross-functional Liaison: Facilitates communication and coordination with Provider Relations, Customer Experience, Billing, Clinical, and other teams to ensure adherence to and alignment with standard operating procedures; represents Care Navigation in cross-functional meetings.
- Triage Expertise: Systematic prioritization of patient and provider needs based on the urgency and severity of the request or situation. Gather information, evaluate, and proactively consider next steps. Alert appropriate stakeholders of identified urgent needs and “in the moment” solutions.
- Tool Proficiency:Develop a deep understanding of our tools and workflows to build a solid knowledge base essential for this role.
- Adaptability:Exhibit flexibility in handling continuously evolving tasks, competing priorities, and adapting to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Operational Optimization: Proactively identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity for Care Navigators, clients, and providers, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives as guided by CN leadership.
- Strong communicator. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt your approach to various groups.
- Organized. Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive, creative problem solver. A self-starter attitude, ready to take initiative and seek solutions.
- Agile. Nimble and open to frequent change, iterative processes, and operating in a “test & learn” culture.
- Collaborative approach. Proven team player who leverages diverse perspectives, skills, and expertise of others. Brings together key stakeholders to seek input and feedback, and uses such insight to make informed decisions.
- Learning mindset. A willingness to learn about the mental health industry to guide your understanding and ensure success in the role.
- Preferred 2+ years of administrative experience in Healthcare, preferably in mental health.
Octave’s Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
- People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position’s salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer’s request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
The salary range for this role is $23.25 - $29.00 per hour.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.