Posted on 11/19/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related field
- Exceptional copywriting skills; ability to write engaging copy for print, the Web and email
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively proofread/edit all types of written materials, including advertising copy, social media posts, letters, policies, minutes of meetings, etc
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and internal and external stakeholders; ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility, able to change priorities quickly and handle multiple tasks
- High level of initiative
- Proficient use of website content management systems, Photoshop, InDesign, AP Stylebook and MS Office (knowledge of Excel formulas a plus)
- Knowledgeable about social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook and capable of effectively leveraging them
- The mission of the Communications Manager is to develop and implement the marketing communication strategy including advertising, branding, media relations and product promotions, and to own content strategy as it relates to collateral, website and social media, public relations, and customer emails. Success in this role is measured by the ability to understand our products, customers, industry dynamics, and JSSI's value proposition; and develop focused communications in collaboration with organizational stakeholders across all business units
- Strategize and implement campaigns leveraging both traditional (collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.) and digital (social media, digital advertising, websites, email, etc.) marketing tactics
- Responsible for media plan, editorial calendar and internal and external communications as related to area of responsibility
- Develop materials, presentations and other marketing communications for product and service marketing efforts as well as sales meetings, tradeshows and events
- Create and maintain project plans to successfully move all projects forward in a timely, collaborative and efficient manner. Instill communications best practices that drive both strategic consistency and efficiency of execution
- Manage all online content, including writing and posting copy to website, creating and posting banners, uploading graphics, etc
- Assure the look, tone and feel of content fulfills and meets strategic business and branding objectives
- Develop, enhance, and refine engaging presentation materials for internal and external audiences
- Manage press releases to publicize important, newsworthy company changes, enhancements, and developments
- Liaise with external agencies and partners to manage materials review and approval process
- Write, design and launch email campaigns
- Proofread communication materials with a keen attention to detail
- Provide editorial guidance and consultation to internal clients
- Minimum of 7 years, including minimum 2 years in a communications leadership role. In addition to strong, proven writing skills, demonstrated ability to frame and drive strategic efforts. Ideal if candidate has worked on a team with strategic marketing and messaging discipline. Experience in the aviation industry is a plus
Aircraft maintenance support and financial services
Jet Support is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
- Health coverage - We win at wellness. At JSSI, we believe that healthy and happy employees are better poised to make an impact in today’s global workforce. To that end, we provide industry-leading benefits plans that stay competitively priced for our employees and their families year after year.
- Paid time off - We win at work-life balance. Our vacation benefits are highly competitive and increase based on tenure. In addition to our generous package of vacation, holidays, and sick days, JSSI also offers a Charitable Services Day in which employees are paid for a day of volunteering with a charity of their choosing.
- Retirement package - We help prepare for a winning future. We all know the importance of saving for the future. In an effort to encourage our employees to plan for their retirement, JSSI provides an employer match to employee 401(K) contributions by matching 75% of employee contributions on up to 6% of eligible earnings.
- Transporation - Move to win. Our commuter benefits plan gives JSSI employees the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars to put towards the inevitable use of parking and/or public transit to get to work each day.
Company Core Values
- Freedom to foster an open, trustworthy and honest climate where employees feel empowered to speak up, share ideas and innovate.
- Accountability to embody integrity in the workplace and take ownership, follow through on commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
- Collaboration to create an environment of openness and sharing through cooperative teamwork and approachability.
- Transparency to operate in an honest, truthful and candid manner that promotes effective communication and complete understanding.