Squarespace is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Infrastructure organization at an exciting time in our evolution. You will help us build a robust and inviting infrastructure platform for our engineering teams and to reimagine how we work in the cloud. You will collaborate with great teammates to improve engineering agility and system reliability. You will report to an Engineering Manager on the Databases Team. We are headquartered in New York City, have satellite offices around the country, and embrace fully remote teammates.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
You’ll Get To…
- Build golden paths for our engineers by writing clean software, infrastructure as code, and documentation
- Explore, prove out, and harden migration paths from our data centers to GCP
- Partner with our engineering teams to help them walk those paths, to map their needs to our infrastructure offerings, and to understand where we should invest further in those offerings
- Help our engineers understand their infrastructure by improving observability and guidance
- Partner with your peers in Infrastructure to eliminate legacy toil and accelerate our higher-value work
- Mentor your teammates
Who We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in software engineering or managing data systems
- Programming experience in Go or a similar language
- Experience taking projects from problem statement through delivery
- Experience managing resources with Terraform in a major cloud provider like GCP
- Experience with or interest in data systems such as Postgres, MongoDB, or Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Team players
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $113,000 - $231,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.