Distributed Systems Engineer
Updated on 2/7/2023
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Experience with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building, monitoring, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience writing production-ready code with emphases on quality and maintainability
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals such as data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- A commitment to working in a communicative and collaborative environment
- You have experience with CockroachDB or Elasticsearch
- You have experience working with networking technologies (TCP, HTTP, websockets, server-sent events, etc.)
- Build and maintain infrastructure hosted in the cloud
- Build and expand our distributed systems, written primarily in Go with some Rust
- Monitor and improve server-side performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Feature management platform
LaunchDarkly’s mission is to help software teams to innovate faster but with control. The company is building a SaaS platform for developers to manage feature flags which enable teams to accelerate their software deployments while reducing risk.
- Flexible work environment - Making an inclusive space for everyone means recognizing we all have our own individual working styles and needs.
- Health and wellness - LaunchDarkly offers full coverage with health, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- Salary and options - We're all in this together. LaunchDarkly offers competitive pay, equity, and the option to participate in a 401(k) program.
- Learn and grow - We love to see our own continue to grow their skill sets—whether that's taking a class or attending a conference.
Company Core Values
- Respect and integrity for our team, our customers, and our community.
- We believe in teams, not fiefdoms. Leaders, not tyrants.
- We're building a place where you can learn and grow.
- Work is not life.