Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That’s why we created CockroachDB as the planet’s most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don’t even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Go-to-Market Recruiter to join our People team at Cockroach Labs. As our first Recruiter in the United Kingdom, you will not only make critical hires but also drive a culture that is focused on an amazing employee experience. Working closely with senior management, you will work on scaling and accomplishing an end-to-end recruitment process for various Go-to-Market positions covering both Revenue and Marketing from mid to leadership levels in the EU and the United Kingdom. You’ll work with our team to understand how recruiting ties into the business and work on roles that will impact the continued success and health of the organization.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the business, meeting regularly with leaders to understand business needs and recommend effective and tailored recruiting strategies.
- Build relationships with candidates, partners, hiring managers, and interviewers. We believe it is essential to build relationships with the people you work with, as well as senior leaders and executives.
- Engage applicants from the screening process through offer negotiation, and ensure an exceptional candidate experience.
- Source and attract talent using creative methods and tools and will prioritize bringing candidates from diverse backgrounds into our hiring process.
- Work effectively with your peers and leaders across the company to refine our open-sourced, structured interview process and training programs by incorporating feedback from the team and candidates, ultimately ensuring our hiring processes are inclusive, welcoming, and unbiased.
- Collaborate with the recruiting operations to determine and track relevant metrics for hiring and our talent pipeline.
- Initiate and manage on and offline marketing events, campaigns and activities focused on communicating our employer brand and attracting the right professionals to our talent community.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to create global, employer branding and culture-focused content for both internal and external audiences and communication channels.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed. As we continue to scale in the EU and the UK, you may be asked to assist with additional efforts to support human resources and workplace operations locally.
In your first 30 days, we want you to learn about our product and team inside and out. To attract top talent, you need to have a deep understanding of what makes our company special and exciting from both a people and a product standpoint. We encourage you to become involved in formal conversations like team meetings and find informal opportunities like lunch or coffee to get to know our sales and customer-facing teams. Your job during this time is to be a sponge and start working on your Cockroach Labs pitch!
By 60 days, you will have a strong grasp of our recruiting processes. You will have shadowed recruiter screens and observed Hiring Committee reviews after completing onsite interviews. You will have worked alongside the team during their sourcing efforts to understand the tools and resources we use to engage candidates. Working with the Sales leaders, you’ll understand our current and future headcount and identify key focus areas going forward.
After 90 days, you’ll be fully integrated into the team. You will have taken over the process for some of our existing roles and lead your first-of-many hiring kick-offs for new roles. You’ll focus on the efficiency of our recruiting process and identify areas for improvement for our interviews. You may have your first candidate(s) coming onsite for interviews and will be meeting regularly with key stakeholders within the Revenue and Marketing organizations to ensure recruiting needs are being addressed.
6 months later, you will have welcomed several new Roachers to the team after bringing them through our recruiting process, start-to-finish.
- A passion for working on high-impact Go-to-Market roles in the technology industry including Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing. We have a very high hiring bar and know that it is only getting more challenging to hire exceptional Go-to-Market talent as industry competition increases.
- Experience and continued interest in building employer branding initiatives, including but not limited to event planning and content creation.
- Proven success closing senior-level candidates and negotiating equity-driven compensation packages.
- An interest in learning about and comfort in discussing deeply technical topics, but also the humility to say "I don’t know" when appropriate.
- An understanding of the difference in pace, environment, and process at companies of different stages and how that is meaningful to candidates you engage with.
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting or a similar position at a technology company.
Megan Mueller - Manager, Recruiting
Megan transitioned into People after discovering the hard way that recruiting processes can often leave a lot to be desired from a candidate experience perspective. So when she learned about Cockroach Labs’s commitment to changing this experience by building an efficient, equitable, and enjoyable one instead, she knew she had to be a part of it. Today (nearly five years later!), she leads the Go-to-Market recruiting team and partners across the company to scale programs and processes that attract amazing people to Cockroach Labs.
Megan lives on an island just off the coast of Seattle. In her free time, she can be found planning road trips around the Pacific Northwest with her partner, attempting to nurture a green thumb, or taking advantage of the incredible seafood the island life has to offer.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].