GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com
to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $55 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate Commercial Counsel to join GoodRx’s Commercial Legal team. The Associate Commercial Counsel will be instrumental in keeping day-to-day operations and transactions moving quickly while protecting the company. We are looking for a business-minded attorney with experience negotiating contracts in the healthcare industry. Come join us in our mission to increase access to convenient and affordable healthcare.
The Associate Commercial Counsel will report to GoodRx’s General Counsel.
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements, including services agreements, vendor agreements, statements of works, and partnership agreements, including in the healthcare space (i.e., pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, pharmacy benefit managers (PBM), and pharmaceutical manufacturers)
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to business stakeholders. Support business stakeholders in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty, and other commercial terms.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing with the state bar
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience, ideally in-house at a pharmacy or PBM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, including handling a large number of projects with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Ability to draft and close agreements independently. Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to learn new subject matters quickly and drive projects from start to finish
- A passion for improving access to convenient and affordable healthcare through GoodRx’s services
- Solid foundation in negotiating complex contracts in the pharmaceutical and pharmacy space, and the ability to identify and solve for potential legal and business issues present therein, is a plus
- Humility, integrity, and a great sense of humor
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
Santa Monica Office: $126,000 - $202,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses, annual equity grants for most positions, and generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration, which is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment, and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in Santa Monica, San Francisco, and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com
each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com