Principal UX Researcher
Posted on 7/13/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Washington, DC, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • San Jose...
- 8+ years experience doing applied product mixed method, qualitative and quantitative user research on products
- Degree in the field of HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Anthropology or a related field / relevant work experience (advanced degree a plus)
- A curiosity for technology, how data is crafting the future of software development and the future of the cloud
- Extensive experience planning and executing different types of research and testing activities
- Expert understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Unafraid of creating new systems and processes as needed
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative with an ability to self-direct and handle what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- A consistent track record of building respect for User Research and impacting product decisions with high-quality data and insights
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a dynamic organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Be an inspiring leader on how to use research and data to advise the product experience
- Cultivate and grow user research and a data-driven product design culture
- Lead stakeholders dynamically that including guiding stakeholder discussions with the appropriate user research methods to achieve business and design goals
- Partner with design, design managers, engineering, product and executives on research execution and/or design workshops
- Identify and garner agreement for new research opportunities
- Propose, plan, execute, and deliver user research at various stages of the product development lifecycle to drive decisions
- Build deliverables in the form of engaging reports, journey maps, or other materials as needed by the project team
- Develop outstanding research insights and deliver to cross-functional partners to build a smarter, more informed, and more user-focused team
- This is a very hands-on role and includes running participant recruitment, data collection (includes moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.