Sr. SOC Synthesis & Front-End STA Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of experience working as a synthesis and/or front-end STA engineer
- Experience in ASIC multimode constraint generation, constraint partitioning and timing closure in advanced nodes
- Knowledge of deep sub-micron FinFET technology nodes (7nm and below) timing challenges, multi-corner and multimode timing closure, process variations (AOCV, POCV based STA), voltage drop aware STA, and clock reconvergence pessimism removal
- Hands-on experience in industry standard physical synthesis and STA tools (Synopsys DC, Primetime or equivalent)
- Experience with clock domain crossings, DFT/Scan/MBIST/LBIST and understanding of their impact on synthesis, physical design and timing closure
- Deep understanding of ASIC design flow, top-down and bottom-up design methodologies
- Knowledge of low-power methodologies and leakage/dynamic power optimization flows and techniques
- Familiar with implementation or integration of design blocks using Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Experience with high reliability design and implementations
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python, TCL, Makefile etc.)
- Self-driven individual with a can-do attitude, and an ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Must be willing to travel when needed (typically <10%)
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends to meet critical deadlines, as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Develop/modify/run RTL logic synthesis, formal verification, power intent verification and post synthesis timing validation flows
- Execute low power design and physical synthesis, deploying knowledge of unified power format and power intent verification
- Some logic design in Verilog/SystemVerilog and confirmation of quality of coding through LINT and clock domain crossing flows
- Work with mixed signal IP/PLL/SerDes/PHY teams to drive integration, timing, logical equivalence checking and analysis of various IPs into RTL
- Integrate DFT/BIST insertion flows into synthesis flow
- Full chip and block level timing constraint development, consistent full chip and block constraint partitioning
- Timing closure ownership throughout the entire project cycle (RTL, synthesis, and physical implementation)
- Deploy and enhance methodology and flows related to timing constraint generation and verification and timing closure
- Work closely with chip architecture, design verification, physical design, DFT, and power teams to achieve tapeout success on designs - generally bridging the RTL and place & route
- Work with multi-disciplinary groups to make sure RTL/Netlists are on schedule and delivered with the highest quality by incorporating automated checks at every stage of the design process
- Analysis of clock domain crossing paths at block and full chip level
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.