Office Services Coordinator
Posted on 7/6/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt in situations of frequent responsibility and focus change
- Self-starter who identifies and improves the workings of the company in addition to responding to specific requests
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google calendar), PowerPoint, MS Word, basic Excel
- Receptionist, Administrative or Executive Assistant experience, ideally at a startup
- Strong attention to detail
- Incredible gif game!
- Ability to work M - F, 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Familiarity with package delivery and tracking software, preferably Envoy
- Knowledge of FedEx, UPS and USPS processes
- Experience with supply and inventory controls
- Competent knowledge of the overall Google platform, including Gmail and Calendar
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand for several hours at a time and ability to lift 50-75+ lbs
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Licensed Notary a plus
- Must have a valid US driver's license
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate individual
- Field on and off campus parking requests (as needed)
- Register visitors in Envoy (as needed)
- Responsible for low level comms via email and Slack for announcements
- Responsible for making new hire swag bags, name tags and swag inventory
- Responsible for keeping the Reception area neat and organized
- Performs other duties as needed
- Primary responsibility is to deliver world-class customer service to BuzzFeed employees
- Log and sort all incoming mail/packages using package delivery and tracking software
- Place outbound deliveries when needed via USPS, UPS, and FedEx ensuring pickup
- Accept vendor deliveries (Costco, Amazon, ULine, etc) and notify office team
- Maintain cleanliness of Mailroom
- Maintain supply inventory and weekly ordering with office team
- Identify suspicious mail and follow security procedures
- Responsible for printing labels for all business related outgoing packages via our UPS or FedEx account
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities/Office Manager
- Google suite knowledge is a plus!
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.