Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced editor to own consumer technology product coverage for our growing commerce editorial team.
This role will be responsible for overseeing all consumer tech and electronics product content featured on Forbes Vetted, which includes “best list” product guides, product roundups, tested product reviews, “versus”-style product comparison articles, retailer news and how-tos. Managing a stable of freelance contributors to help you execute, you’ll assign and edit new content; prioritize updates to our most important evergreen articles to ensure they are kept current, accurate and timely; and balance it all with seasonal and news-driven coverage. You’ll work closely with the content strategy team to optimize evergreen content, collaborate with the distribution team to assist with tech-focused social media and newsletter content, as well as collaborate with the reviews editor to produce hands-on tested product reviews. The Consumer Tech & Electronics Editor reports to the Forbes Vetted Deputy Editor.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of tech product coverage, which includes computers, mobile, audio, smart home devices, TVs, cameras and more
- Planning the edit calendar for your section in collaboration with senior team members
- Recruiting and managing a team of freelance writers to whom you’ll assign articles and product reviews
- Editing all tech content and writing some as necessary, including best lists, tested content, product reviews and social media content
- Leveraging SEO tools like Google Keywords and SEMrush, plus analytics tools like Looker, to plan content and track performance against team and individual goals
- Participating in sales event coverage, including working shifts over some holiday weekends which may include Memorial Day, Labor Day, Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday
The ideal candidate:
- Is an expert across the breadth of consumer tech and consumer electronics categories, with 5+ years of experience covering products in this space
- Has a proven track record of success collaborating with freelance contributors
- Has impeccable writing, editing and reporting skills as well as a network of experienced consumer technology writers and PR contacts
- Has a strong understanding of SEO best practices, plus prior experience with commerce writing and affiliate/commerce content strategy
The annual base salary range for this role is: $80,000 - $100,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice