Operational Accounting Manager
Posted on 6/8/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in public accounting OR 5+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP required
- Experience with both Accounts Payable and Accrual Accounting
- Team-player with superior interpersonal skills who can work closely with both accounting teams and relevant business and management teams
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards problems and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and smoothly to a rapidly changing environment
- Manage month-end operational accounting practices, including review of journal entries and GL accounts reconciliations
- Manage marketing and servicing and origination analytics and accounting
- Supervise AP and other expense management processes including bill payment processes, employee reimbursements and corporate cards administration
- Work collaboratively, cross-functionally and interface with other teams to manage month-end accruals process and conduct monthly flux analysis for all operational expenses
- Manage fixed assets, capitalized software and prepaid expenses in Netsuite module
- Support internal and external inquiries to assist with annual financial statements audits
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements to standardize and streamline processes
- Manage a team of staff in multiple time zones across the country and abroad
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical subject matter to non-technical business stakeholders
- Assist finance and accounting team members with operational and other accounting functions required by the business
Personal loans, cards and rewards checking
Upgrade's goal is to offer their users more value and a better experience than they receive from their traditional bank.
- Create - Drive innovation, try something new, build great products and deliver amazing experiences to our customers.
- Learn - Join a diverse work environment that promotes constant learning, testing and discovery together.
- Impact - Make a difference in the lives of millions of people by empowering them with knowledge and access to affordable credit.