Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- The passion to create something amazing, and the mindset to learn and grow with the company
- As this is a very early-stage project, you'll need to be the type of person that enjoys building something from new, can problem solve independently, and enjoy the fun but sometimes slightly messy start-up approach
- Experience in the creation of a webservice backend for web apps using Python/Django
- A strong understanding of the Python ecosystem with 3+ years of experience
- An ability to discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- An ability to write robust and fault-tolerant software
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Be someone who enjoys interacting with other people - you'll need to regularly chat with the wider team to agree how to take the product forwards
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
- Work in the backend team that provides services for the Octopus Generation innovation projects in the renewable generation space
- Work within an early-stage project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and - given Octopus's ambitions in the generation space - influence how the back-end scales to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem
- Overall you'll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life - an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business
- Knowledge of (or a desire to learn) GraphQL APIs is a plus
Cloud-based renewable energy service
Octopus Energy is on a mission to transform energy globally, faster and cheaper than anyone imagined. They are are relentless in driving the smart grid technologies that'll deliver cheaper green electricity to fuel our homes, businesses, cars and heating.