Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Must possess a valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- At least 4-6 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or equivalentAble to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues that may impact test performance
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on qualityAbility to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Laboratory testing experience within the last five years preferred
- High volume laboratory experience preferredExperience in molecular biology techniques preferred
- Strong automation and computing skills
- Strong technical skills and job and industry knowledge
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL's Clinical Laboratory
- Perform analytical procedures including testing, quality control, preparation and aliquoting of reagents and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment according to laboratory standard operating procedures Troubleshoot and problem solve instrument issues. Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request as necessary
- Review, interpret and report patient results as assigned
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures
- Perform and document reagent qualifications per the approved protocols
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Manager or Safety Officer
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
- Participate and comply with Quality and applicable regulatory requirements
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for securing CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and state licensure for the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory, including compliance with all applicable standards and regulations
- Provide direct supervision of the work of unlicensed laboratory personnel during the analytical phase of testing
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management
- Lead in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation. May act as a team leader, when assigned, who will provide assistance to the Laboratory Supervisors/Leads Assist in administrative duties including but not limited to review of documents and forms
- Take charge of shift communication if supervisors/leads are not presentProvide updates to supervisors/lead regarding any issues
- Assist in sample and process troubleshooting
- Monitoring data and process status as needed
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
Company Core Values
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility