US Policy & Partnerships Lead
Posted on 2/18/2023
Washington, DC, USA
- Are well versed in the issues around emerging AI technologies
- Are an enthusiastic and effective coalition builder who enjoys working independently, but also thrives as a member of a high performing, peer-led global team
- Enjoy managing teams and processes, but are also an accountable individual contributor
- Are passionate about the promise of technology and the future of artificial intelligence but thoughtful about its potential risks
- Established network and credibility with policymakers, regulators, civil society, and other stakeholders, including underrepresented groups
- Deep experience in technology policy
- Proven skills managing collaborative teams and shared team resources
- Sound judgment and outstanding personal integrity
- Ability to execute in fast and flexible environments through rapid cycles of analysis, decision, and action
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex technical and policy concepts to diverse audiences
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the U.S. political system, institutions, and processes, and the key policy issues and debates related to AI
- Track record of effectively working with cross-functional teams, especially engineering and research teams, and aligning a diverse range of internal and external partners
- Genuine care and knowledge about the impact of technology on society
- Previous work on AI issues and technical AI development expertise a significant plus
AI research and deployment company
OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence (AGI)—by which they mean highly autonomous systems that outperform humans at most economically valuable work—benefits all of humanity.
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Mental healthcare service
- Fertility treatment coverage
- 401(k) with generous matching
- 20-week paid parental leave
- Life insurance (complimentary)
- AD&D insurance (complimentary)
- Short-term/long-term disability insurance (complimentary)
- Optional buy-up life insurance
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Regular team happy hours and outings
- Daily catered lunch and dinner
- Travel to domestic conferences
Company Core Values
- Audacious - We make big bets and are unafraid to go against established norms.
- Thoughtful - We thoroughly consider the consequences of our work and welcome heterogeneity of thought.
- Unpretentious - We’re undeterred by the “boring work“ and not motivated to prove we have the best ideas.
- Pragmatic & Impact-Driven - We’re a company of builders who care deeply about real-world implications and applications.
- Collaborative - Many of our biggest advances grow out of work done across multiple teams.
- Growth-oriented - We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.