LTSE supports companies in all stages of growth committed to long-term value creation, and the investors who share their values. We offer software and services for company-building and pursuing a path to the public markets, a U.S. national securities exchange for new and existing public companies, and a coalition for the exchange of ideas between companies and like-minded investors.
We believe in the power of a public market that supports continuous success for all stakeholders, including employees, investors, and their communities. We’re helping innovation and value creation flourish for now and far into the future through long-term investment, experimentation, and sustainable scaling.
Lead LTSE investors include The Space Between, Founders Fund, Collaborative Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Uprising, and Initialized. LTSE was founded by Eric Ries, an entrepreneur, New York Times-bestselling author, and the creator of the Lean Startup methodology.
The Software Development Engineer in Test will help build out our test engineering program and be responsible for the identification, design, development, and maintenance of a robust suite of automated tests and quality assurance processes that ensure our Trading System meets all functional and regulatory requirements. You will maintain a human-readable repository of test plans and outputs that will be leveraged to evidence regulatory compliance to regulators and auditors. You’ll work cross functionally with other areas of the business including our Product, Market Operations, Systems Reliability Engineering, and Regulatory teams to build new products and iterate on our existing portfolio. You will be joining a small team and have the autonomy to help us continuously iterate on our processes and how we collaborate. This is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to one of the core engines of our business.
- Analyze the functionality of our core Trading System and design automated tests to validate ongoing compliance with the Long-Term Stock Exchange Rulebook and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develop automated tests that prevent functional and performance regressions, identify bugs, and improve overall system design, testability, and quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Work together with product managers and software developers to understand how new features should be tested and build automated tests for these new features.
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability in collaboration with the wider technology team.
- Own the testing infrastructure and environment, including integrations with external 3rd parties.
- Write automation scripts and troubleshoot automation software.
- Identify methods or tools to improve or automate testing procedures.
- Track and communicate test plans and results in a timely, effective, and automated manner, ensuring robust documentation and ease-of-retrieval for audits.
- Strive for the fastest feedback possible. You see distributed systems as a core challenge of good test automation infrastructure.
- Champion a collaborative culture that fosters creativity, innovation, resilience, and learning.
- Experienced in building and managing automated test environments and pipelines that validate software systems that have performed or supported trading, clearing, and/or managing risk.
- Experienced with different test methodologies and applying them to large distributed systems.
- Knowledgeable of the documentation requirements to support software audit in a regulated industry.
- Comfortable designing processes that integrate quality assurance throughout all stages of the SDLC and coaching colleagues to develop a robust quality mindset.
- Able to grow and adapt in a fast-paced environment that allows for experimentation
- Excited about all stages of the product life cycle including design, experimentation, implementation, testing, release, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and iteration.
- Highly motivated and able to work in an autonomous, highly collaborative environment
Nice to Haves
- Strong object-oriented programming experience preferably with Java
- Experience with event driven systems and time series data.
- Deep equities market knowledge. You have prior experience writing automated tests for a matching engine or limit order book.
- A strong preference for simplicity, readability, and maintainability over cleverness.
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan.
- You embrace the Lean Startup methodology
- Drive Innovation. Make an impact working with a mission-driven company that shares your desire to create a new kind of public market.
- Meet Great People. Work with skilled, committed, and supportive teammates, that have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Achieve Balance. Enjoy the LTSE commitment to a sustainable remote-first work environment, including an unlimited vacation policy that requires team members to take a minimum of three weeks vacation per year.
- Prioritize Health. Take charge of your health with rich medical, dental, vision, and EAP benefits. 100% of employee costs are sponsored by LTSE and there is a small, fixed employee contributions for dependent costs.
- Focus on Family: All new parents receive up to 4 months of caregiver leave including 8 weeks of full salary continuation, all while keeping your full company-sponsored benefits for up to the full 4 months.
- Foster Growth. Receive up to $1500 annually towards continuing education and development.
- Invest in Savings. Enroll in our 401k program offered through Human Interest, and other benefit programs offered through Gusto.
- Give Back Donate to organizations of your choice and LTSE will match up to $600 per year.
- Get Started. Launch quickly with your company provided laptop, cellphone reimbursement, and $500 home-office stipend.
- Earn Equitably. Be part of a company that believes in pay equity and transparency. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base annual salary between $140,000-$170,000 (commensurate with leveling and job benchmarking), as well as competitive start-up company stock options.
LTSE is committed to championing the inclusion of women and underrepresented employees at the earliest stages of the company’s life. We believe that inclusion is a team effort, and every team member is expected to participate in building a welcoming and representative culture.
LTSE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We enthusiastically work to make our application and interview processes accessible for candidates with disabilities.