Posted on 9/23/2022
Dallas, TX, USA
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Revenue recognition research experience and strong knowledge of ASC 606
- Exceptional communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and simplified manner, and present findings and recommendations in both oral and written presentations
- A proactive and creative approach and ability to create and maintain a balanced positive work environment
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing accounting guidance for complex and other non-routine business transactions such as: new product offerings, acquisitions/divestitures, impairment, investments, and equity transactions
- Evaluate technical accounting implications for specific transactions, most notably evaluate new product offerings in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards (ASC 606)
- Prepare technical accounting memos and communicate results to senior-level management and external auditors acting as the go-to person for any follow ups or technical accounting questions
- Produce ad-hoc financial analyses and work with our Strategic Finance team to provide key insights for the business
- Oversee the accounting implementation of complex and non-routine transactions as well as supervise accounting staff with month-end close responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of the annual financial statements and provide accounting guidance for required disclosures while coordinating with external auditors
- Collaborate and work closely with cross functional departments including: Strategic Finance, Legal, Talent, Product, Marketing, and Operations
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in order to work towards a SOX compliant environment
Online platform for buying and selling residential real estate
Orchard wants to reinvent the way people buy and sell their homes.
- Comprehensive benefits - We offer medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees and dependents, with some plans fully sponsored by Orchard.
- Paid parental leave - We offer new parents up to 18 weeks paid leave to bond with their newborns—plus a customized one-month transition period to ease into life as a working parent.
- Paid family leave - We offer up to 10 weeks paid leave for employees who need to care for sick family members.
- Flexible paid time off - We count your contributions, not vacation days. Take the time you need to recharge and refresh.
- Team events - From monthly town hall meetings to team lunches and gatherings outside of the office, we make time to celebrate wins and unwind together.
- Paid industry certification - We cover dues on licenses and renewal fees for brokers, realtors, and more.
- Create raving fans
- Own it
- Find a way
- Treat people with respect
- Mission before team. Team before self
- Commit yourself to grestness- every day