Principal Product Manager
Compliance Platform and Products
Posted on 11/23/2022
Salt Lake City, UT, USA • Remote in USA
- 10+ years of relevant experience in implementing KYC, AML, or Sanctions technologies in scaled companies, including leading programs for Fintech or crypto businesses
- Compliance policy, product or engineering experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in RegTech or Fintech companies is preferred
- You are a creative product mind, an avid problem solver and a highly collaborative team member
- You have experience designing compliance operational workflows and deeply understand the expected rigor required in our operations
- You are a self-starter and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion - you don't need to work from a script
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and business minded with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Proven experience with regulatory exams and presenting to examiners
- Executive presence with an ability to influence and worki hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems
- Experience leading diverse teams in a complex, matrixed organization
- Deep experience and knowledge of traditional money laundering and terrorist financing typologies
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
- Own the Compliance Platform Product Strategy and associated product roadmap, including stakeholder coordination, business requirements development and prioritization assessment
- Lead the evolution of our existing tools and systems, making incremental improvements along the way while developing the solutions to reimagine those systems
- Build deep relationships and create strategic alliances to establish trust with key stakeholders across legal, risk, compliance, engineering, product etc. to accelerate delivery of risk and compliance initiatives
- Proactively identify process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies that will negatively impact risk and compliance platform efforts and mitigate them
- Partner with all key stakeholders to define the product requirements, develop insights and write detailed user stories to deliver features and functionality to scale Circle's compliance functions
- Represent compliance needs at the highest levels across the organization and be capable of advocating for and/or defending decisions associated with the defined strategy and execution plans
- Own the development and maintenance of all documentation that details the composition and inner workings of the Compliance Platform
- Communicate product status, metrics, goals and performance clearly to internal stakeholders throughout the organization, including impacted teams
- Develop, monitor and report on a suite of KPIs / KRIs for various internal fora including Executive Leadership and Board-level reporting
- Present to regulators, examiners and auditors performing reviews of the Compliance program
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.