About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for well-rounded software quality engineers. You will own the quality of many features of the product – from the testing strategy, the implementation of a manual test plan and test cases and their executions to status communication and beyond. You will advocate for our customers and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionalities to our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the project details - objectives, scope, timeline, etc., and formulate the test plan
- Manage the implementation and the execution of the test plan by tracking progress, bugs, impediments, and trade-off and provide regular status updates
- Communicate the release status with all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Analyze and triage production issues and communicate with all stakeholders accordingly
- Helping to establish quality standards to be universally applied; recommending quality improvements
What we value:
- Ability to partner with PMs and Engineers to develop a comprehensive test plan and test strategy based on the feature’s “happy path” acceptance criteria
- Ability to test SAAS-based applications on multiple platforms - desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to understand database schema and write SQL to retrieve data to support testing
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands on experience with Automation or Computer Science Background
- High interest in Automation Development and Implementation
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In Canada, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of two geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 Toronto, Vancouver: CAD $94,000.00 - $127,000.00
- Tier 2 All Other CA Locations: CAD $85,500.00 - $116,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.