Senior Technical Application Architect
Posted on 3/3/2023
Remote in USA
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years leading/ architecting all phases of the agile software development life cycle
- Over 8 plus years of progressive experience as developer, senior developer, lead developer etc. building and architecting large scale enterprise applications
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Experience directing the work of large teams (20 or more people)
- Experience in a people leadership role
- Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems and support the development of product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and businesses for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and document requirements. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization
- Experience working with data models and integration using Spring Data/Hibernate with Oracle and Postgres
- Experience working in the AWS cloud ecosystem specifically around container-based workloads
- Experience building, deploying, and operating containerized micro-services with declarative GitOps using ArgoCD and Helm Charts or similar in cloud native Kubernetes environments
- Experience working with various application/service integration patterns including event driven architecture, supporting frameworks like Apache Kafka or ActiveMQ systems
- Experience building REST API micro-services in the Open API eco-system with tools like Insomnia, Kong API Gateway and authorization protocols like OAUTH2
- Provide technical leadership to multiple agile teams
- Collaborate with multiple vendors to research, brainstorm, and identify solutions and designs
- Analyze client and user experience requirements, business workflows, and policies in order to transform requirements into technical specifications and implement solutions
- Provide technical guidance, oversight, and reviews to the development team to deliver quality solutions consistently
- Provide proactive and strategic technical guidance to improve resiliency, performance, scalability, and costs via AWS Well Architected Framework lens or similar industry best practices
- Create and nurture a culture of trust, respect, collaboration, excellence, and innovation across multiple vendors
- Create structure, guidelines, and processes to scale best practices across multiple agile teams and vendors
- Manage the engineering team members, provide performance evaluations, and mentor them to adopt best practices and provide excellent service to clients
- As part of the company's growth efforts, participate in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes
- On a typical day, the team will be working on building/enhancing a frontend application built in AngularJS (and ReactJS), supported by REST APIs built as Java Springboot API Micro-services distributed as hardened secure container images and deployed to Kubernetes environments on AWS EKS via GitOps/Helm Charts
- Working with Technical Leadership, Chief Architect, Product Managers, Stakeholders and Vendor teams to come up with Product Architecture, road maps and implementation plans
- Collaborating with Product teams to review code, designing proofs of concept, frameworks, and ensuring best practices
- Representing the engineering team in Sprint demos to Clients
- Understanding and working with complex data and business processes to modernize legacy systems to improve the user experience
- Adhere to and drive agile & iterative development practices
Digital services firm
Softrams' mission is to grow and continue to be a leading consulting and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package by providing options for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer 100% company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for the employee along with optional spousal and child life insurance.
- We offer a generous 401k program with matching employer contributions of up to 5%. Employees become fully vested 30 days after their start date.
- Everyone needs time to recharge and unwind which is why we provide an annual 15-day vacation and 5-day sick leave. We also provide additional maternity and parental leave, as well as bereavement leave.
- We are proud to share our in-house training application which provides unlimited access to training programs (AWS, Azure, SAFe etc). We offer rewards for completion of certificates and host internal brown bag sessions to ensure an environment of continuous learning. We have also launched a new “Yearn to Learn” initiative which provides recommended courses and certifications along with opportunities and incentives based on current role and future aspirations.
- We provide your choice of laptop – MacBook Pro or PC, along with any additional software you may need for your job. Our offices provide ergonomic desks with adjustable height powered by push button operation, with USB plugins conveniently mounted right at their desk (SmartDesk). Additionally, our offices have all new Zoom Rooms installed in each conference room to ensure quality communication and collaboration in a seamless and integrated manner.
- We have partnered with Teaching for Good to provide free virtual training and mentoring for anyone interested in enhancing their career or would like to acquire new competencies. We also hope to create the skills of our future workforce.
- The pandemic has shifted how companies engage with their employees. In addition to the annual company event, we have created new virtual events such as Virtual Birthday Cake Cutting, Trivia, Bingo and many more to emphasize we are one team.
Company Core Values
- Stand United: The current climate of divisive politics and ideologies reminds us of the importance of unifying values. At Softrams, we believe in equity and justice for all which makes us proud of our diversity.
- Provide Value: We take pride in our work and strive to provide exceptional digital services that are achieved through in-depth research, avant-garde creativity, and tenacious execution.
- Transform Digital Landscape: With our client partnerships, we aim to make a difference in how technology shapes our world. We co-create new possibilities for how work is managed.