Satellite Network Operations Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Understanding of satellite communications and earth station components
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Ability to craft highly polished reports and presentations
- Process oriented mindset - constantly seeking more efficient ways of doing things, anticipating features needed from both internal and external tools
- Understanding of Link budgeting / Link analysis
- Enjoy a fast paced environment, with just the right amount of chaos ;)
- Point of contact for all Astranis customers concerning network operations activities
- Support/supervise carrier activation/deactivation on Astranis satellites as per defined process
- Investigate and troubleshoot satellite interference
- Network Management System configuration and operation
- Digital payload configuration
- Monitor health and status for critical mission or network systems
- The role provides a balance of technical and business / customer facing responsibilities and is high visibility and high impact. Mid-level to senior management roles are available, depending on the candidate
- GEO High Throughput Satellite (HTS) network operations experience
- Experience in VSAT platform operations, i.e. iDirect, Gilat etc
- Some scripting language experience, preferably Python
- IP network knowledge or direct experience
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.